Transitions Hospice is growing! We are currently looking for a full time Registered Nurse to work on 12-hour shifts with occasional on-call and weekends covering Rockford, IL and surrounding areas.
Provide skilled professional nursing care to patient/family/caregivers as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with regulations by the State Board of Registered Nursing, the patient and Company policies. Oversee and provide primary care, including all clinical care, palliative care, and symptom control and identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients. Regularly assess the patient for nursing needs. Implement the Plan of Care Provisions to meet their needs, initiate appropriate intervention and support for the patient and family upon admission and re-evaluate the patient’s nursing needs to provide appropriate, comprehensive and responsive care plan interventions. Work closely with other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure all patient and family care needs are being met. Adhere to Company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements and directives. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the Company’s budget. Travel as necessary.
A Registered professional nurse with advanced skills, employed by the Hospice for the purpose of enhancing the quality of care for a select group of terminally ill patients. Work in collaboration with the Patient Care Manager and the Interdisciplinary Team in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of medical and nursing care. Act as a role model providing leadership and support to the hospice staff. Adhere to Company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements and directives. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the Company’s budgets. Travel as necessary.
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state program is located.
- Bachelor’s degree and C.H.P.N. (Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse) certification preferred.
- Minimum of one year general nursing preferred with current Hospice, home health, medical, surgical or critical care experience. Experience with pain and symptom management interventions preferred.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with state and/or Transitions requirements.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Physical exam in accordance with state law requirements.
- Good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health certification including a negative TB skin test and/or CXR and other tests as required by Transitions Hospice policy and/ or state law.
- Demonstrate excellent observation, assessment, nursing judgement and communication skills. Ability to provide accurate written documentation in a timely manner.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
General office, extended care facility, patient home setting, exposure to infectious diseases, travel by automobile and occasionally by airplane.
Requires physical exertion. Duties of patient care during transfer activities (adjusting the patient in bed, transferring the patient from bed to wheelchair or vice versa, and chair to toilet, etc.) require that the employee have the physical ability to maneuver patients according to the care required. Additional physical abilities required during these activities will vary according to the level of patient cooperativeness, patient weight, available space and available equipment. Regularly required to use hands, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities include close, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to travel to businesses, offices, or patient homes or where conditions may be adverse due to weather, environment, or patients’ lifestyles.
To apply for this job click here.