National Elder Law Month – May 2021
Since John F. Kennedy’s Presidential Proclamation in 1963, May has been designated as a specific month to show support to older adults. And, since its founding in 1987, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) has recognized May as National Elder Law Month.
The law firm of Dutton Casey & Mesoloras was founded in 1989 by Janna Dutton, and was the first elder law attorney in Illinois. Today, the firm provides comprehensive and personally tailored services to a number of clients who depend on their compassion, commitment, and respect to craft a customized plan to serve their unique needs.
Partners Janna Dutton, Kathryn Casey, and Helen Mesoloras are three of only a few Certified Elder Law Attorneys in Illinois. The Certified Elder Care Law Attorney through the National Elder Law Foundation is the only American Bar Association approved designation for elder law*.
In addition to the expertise of the attorneys, Erin Vogt, their Client Coordinator, a licensed clinical social worker and certified care manager, supports both the clients and attorneys by providing comprehensive assessments, family caregiver advocacy and education, and the resource information needed for the client and family to understand and make decisions.
Their areas of concentration include:
- Medical Planning and Applications
- Litigation for Vulnerable Adults Against Abuse, Neglect, and Financial Exploitation
- Care Navigation and Advocacy
- Senior Housing Contracts, Admissions and Discharges
- Estate Planning (wills, trusts, powers of attorney)
- Long-Term Care Planning (for those living with Dementia and other chronic diseases)
- Special Needs Planning (for those who have an intellectual or developmental disability)
- Guardianship and Contested Guardianship for Adults
- Guardianship for Minors
- Litigation for Financial Exploitation
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Estate and Trust Litigation
With appointments available in Arlington Heights, Chicago, Naperville, Skokie, and via telephone and video conferencing, they are ideally located and well prepared to serve you. Contact Information – duttonelderlaw.com / 312-899-0950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
*The Supreme Court of Illinois does not require certification of specialties in the practice of law and the Certified Elder Law Attorney designation is not a requirement to practice law in Illinois.